Supervises and works with a group of employees involved in the purchasing, ordering, receiving, storing, distribution, securing and accounting for materials, supplies, parts, tools, equipment, and services; or manages a district warehouse operation, construction project store(s), or a large independent or specialised section of a distribution center or centralised warehouse; applies sound supervisory principles and techniques in building and maintaining an effective work force; and does related work.
A Senior Storekeeper may either:
- Supervise a moderate size group of employees involved in warehousing activities in a large distribution center or centralized warehouse, a records retention center, or a salvage location; or 2)
- May be assigned complete charge of all warehousing functions in a smaller, but independent warehouse, serving a single department
- May manage a specialized stores/warehouse operation which supports, maintains, and/or repairs automotive, construction, public safety, and industrial equipment
- May manage construction or maintenance project tool-rooms
- Uses Internet technology, other telecommunication networks, electronic mail, and manufacturer technical catalogs and manuals to obtain current, accurate specifications of materials, supplies and tools
- Establishes control procedures to assure the security of warehouse stock and other items located at stores/warehouse locations
- Expedites the procurement and delivery of materials, supplies, parts, tools, equipment, and services
- Communicates with vendors regarding product and service information, specifications, delivery, and performance expectations.
A Senior Storekeeper may be assigned to supervise an important warehousing function, such as procurement, inventory control, or investment recovery, or to assist a Principal Storekeeper in supervising the work of a large distribution center or centralized warehouse operation. A Senior Storekeeper is normally responsible for coordinating stores activities with those of field personnel and for determining minimum stock levels and reordering quantities.
If you are interested, the source are below